Thursday, June 13, 2013

This I Believe...

So I'm officially back in school now, though I haven't even gone in to get my ID yet.  Too much other stuff going on right now to mess with that.  I have planned to go in tomorrow and take care of it.  Think it's a bad idea to take my kids with me to the college campus? Ha! I am afraid they might blend in better than I do. 

I am having a hard time adjusting to the process of writing an essay (This I Believe) and having "peers" review it and reviewing theirs, too.  What makes them peers is the fact that we're all taking this class.  Other than that, I don't think there is a single student who actually reads what they write.  I read almost all of the essays so far and "I believe" I would have to shoot myself if I were the professor. My kids write better papers and one of them is only 7. So it's disturbing to have them as "peers" and have them making suggestions on my work.  I am not by any means suggesting my work is flawless, but by comparison it is at least legible. 

I'm only in the first week and I'm starting to see the bad side to online courses.  I might have to start going to class next semester. Anything to avoid my peers. 

This I believe...I am grumpy today. 

No comments: