Saturday, October 15, 2011

Today I would like to discuss the chores we have assigned to our children.  Not very many, really.  They are supposed to keep their rooms straight and keep their bathroom (somewhat) presentable, but other than that there's not much for them to do.  They (Jake and Connor) trade off weeks feeding Dumb and Dumber, a.k.a. Lucy and Cami, and they also have to do poop scoop in the backyard daily.  


The whole reason I've been thinking about this is because by the time I was 12 (Jake's age) I am pretty sure I was doing a lot more than my little beloveds are.  We made them unload and reload the dishwasher the other day, mostly because neither me or my husband wanted to.  :)  What can I say?  It's good to be the king.  Anyway, you'd think we told them they had to repaint the house.  The groaning and the mopey faces. Very pathetic.  


But then, when I was cleaning the kitchen again (after dinner) I was feeling bad for making them do what I consider to be MY job.  I know some of you will groan at this, but just think about it: I quit working years ago so I could be home to take care of my kids.  Part of that is keeping our house semi-clean, and keeping everyone fed, etc.  So if I'm now delegating my duties to the kids, what does that say about my job performance?  Did I just promote myself, so that I am now a stay at home "supervisor"?  Hmm.  


Actually, I do like the way that sounds.  


I will have to think about this and get back to you.



No comments: