Friday, October 14, 2011

Other happy news

There's news!  I got a call yesterday afternoon from one of the places I applied and I have an interview on Monday!  Woo-hoo!  This particular job is only temp, and seasonal, but whatever.  It's so nice just to have someone call back!  I was beginning to feel like the last kid picked for kickball, ya know?  


And this morning I heard from another place I'd applied saying I'd passed step one and now must complete step 2 and boy is it a doozie, but I PASSED STEP 1. This is great news, folks.  I really needed some encouragement and this is doing wonders.  Even if it goes no further, this is still good.  


The job is for a 911 operator type thing and so it's a major background check and they want to know how many times I've farted in the last 20+ years.  A lot.  They will not accept "a lot" as my answer, though.  They want to know how often, what dates (month and year) and location.  They probably will be asking what I had for dinner on those dates as well and they might as well because I do not have the answer to that question any more than I do to most of the questions on the list.  The 32 (that's right, thirty-two) page Personal History.  I don't know who my neighbors were at the apartments I lived in, in Plano.  I didn't want to know them.  I still don't feel bad that I never got to know them. There was an old man downstairs that was friendly enough, and who I felt bad for because he had to live under us.  Aaron the speed-racer, Connor the dancing queen and Jacob the french horn player.  Plus the dog. And not to mention the psycho cat who is still not quite the same after being cooped up in an apartment for 6 months.  Back to the point...the old man was nice and all, but I don't know his name.  I am not going back to the apartment complex to find out his name.  


You get the picture...it's a pretty extensive check.  In case you're wondering, I will be disclosing my criminal record.  Yep.  That fight from high school is still haunting me.  Please don't misunderstand...I have no regrets.  She really needed her butt kicked and she knows it.  Wherever she is today, I know that she knows she needed her butt kicked.  They will probably want her name and address, too.  If you should see her, please tell her I'm looking for her.  She can send me a friend request on Facebook. Ha!


I also have to send certified copies of my transcripts and diploma from HIGH SCHOOL. It's a job just completing the paperwork!  But the benefits are amazing and need I remind you (or me) IT'S A JOB!!! With a paycheck!!  And I'm hoping that part of the test of getting the job is actually completing this novel that I have to complete in my own handwriting and hand deliver.  I also have to disclose every job I've had since I was 16.  I was 16 once, right?  Makes my brain hurt just trying to remember that far back.  Oh, and every traffic ticket I've gotten.  Complete with date and location, and whether I paid the fine, took defensive driving, dated the cop, whatever.  The last speeding ticket I got was in 1999.  I'm pretty sure it was in Houston.  It gets kind of foggy after that, lol. Not really L-OL, just L.  It's pretty involved, indeed.  Credit check.  Lie detector.  Seriously?  Seems kinda crazy but whatever.  I can do this.  All I know for sure is if they don't hire me, I hope they give me back my certified copies, ha ha.  :)


Other happy news.... Jake's football team won today!  It's their first win of the season, so it's a pretty big deal.  He was in for most of the game and as he says, he was a "monster" at blocking.  So humble, that boy.


And I un-clogged the kids' bathroom sink, too.  Boy.  It has been a pretty good day, indeed.  


Note to self: tomorrow I want to discuss kids and their chores.  Yep.

No comments: